Thursday 10th December 2020
The Mid-Atlantic region is the latest expansion center for Ahold Delhaize’s Food Lion banner. The company announced that it is renewing 112 stores an investment of $ 212.5 million at locations in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia. Customers will shortly receive an expanded selection of new products and services as well as a new and improved shopping experience.
“Feeding our neighbors in the cities where we operate is at the core of what we do. We look forward to welcoming customers to their fresh, new Food Lion,” said Meg Ham, President. “Neighbors, many of whom have been shopping at their local Food Lion for decades, can now enjoy a new shopping experience by making significant investments in our businesses, people and communities. From our expanded selection and range of products to a more efficient check-out experience, every change we have made will make it easier for our customers to find the quality products they have come to expect from Food Lion. Coupled with our daily low prices and weekly sales and promotions, customers will find that we’ve made it easier for them to feed their families with everything they need on a limited budget. “
An economic impact study Towson University’s Regional Economic Studies Institute (RESI) showed that the conversions will have an economic impact of $ 360 million These Food Lion stores serve in the 112 mid-Atlantic cities. According to a press release, the refurbishment of Food Lion will not only add more than 2,300 new employees, but also increase state and local tax revenues in the five states by 40 million US dollars.
To celebrate the completion of the remodeling, each store is offering random freebies for the next week, ranging from reusable shopping bags to gift cards.
Some of the changes customers will see include:
- Extended variety and assortment across all departments that are relevant for our customers in every business
- More local elements can be found in the “Local Quality” section
- More natural, organic and gluten-free products
- A rich selection of fresh products and meat as well as a larger selection of Nature’s Promise beef, pork, poultry, milk, eggsand other items
- A wider choice of simple and affordable meals for families and a wider choice of items to take away and eat pre-cut deli meat and cheese
- A more efficient checkout process that makes it easier for consumers to get on and off
- Completely remodeled stores with new signage and groupings of similar products
- Additional safety equipment and protocols for a safe and clean environment
Approximately 40 percent of these converted stores now offer Food Lion To Go, Food Lion’s grocery pick-up service. Thanks to the practical service, customers can place an order and collect their groceries on the same day. In addition, many of these stores Offer home delivery So that the neighbors can have their food delivered to their doorstep by Food Lion in just one hour. Customers can visit the company’s website or the Food Lion To-Go app to confirm availability and place orders.
Food Lion has now remodeled more than 90 percent of the current network of more than 1,000 branches in its 10-state operating area.
Where will Food Lion’s next growth investment take root? Stay with us Deli Market News and you won’t miss a beat.