Thursday June 25, 2020
It’s a historic week for HEB. In addition to debuting the long-awaited HEB Spring Green Market format, the Texan chain is also making the largest wage investment in its history. In particular, HEB is terminating its Texas Proud Pay Temporary Program in favor of transitioning to a long-term, permanent increase in performance for its 120,000 partners (employees).
According to a press release, HEB recognizes the hard work of its frontline employees with more than a temporary bonus payment. The grocery retailer announced that it is moving on to a long-term, permanent investment in its workforce that includes accelerated and enhanced salary increases for hourly non-management partners in its business, manufacturing and supply chain.
This new investment will include HEB’s most recent store opening. One of the first Spring Green Markets will debut in Richmond, Texas. According to a separate press release, the new store will offer customers a premier, spacious shopping destination with the promise of delivering unsurpassed freshness and quality at affordable prices.
“I’m really excited to open this new store and give this growing community access to their own HEB. This store will offer an amazing range of products, coupled with an outstanding service that will be hard to beat, ”said Trevor Spradlin, who will act as top store leader and who will manage the new product from his 13 years at HEB 101,000 square feet of Spring Green Market. “This will be the first time I have worked and lived in the same church.”
Whether it’s an in-store experience, an online order from Curbside (the new store actually is one of the largest roadside facilities in the HEB family), home delivery, or food on the go, the newest HEB location has it all, including the following new benefits:
- Largest selection of Texas products, from jams and sauces to fries and spreads
- Fresh seafood market Stocked with a fresh assortment from around the world delivered 7 days a week including golf prawns, salmon burgers and Seafood steam service
- Fresh meat market We offer natural and premium meat cut in the store by certified meat cutters, as well as 100 percent pure beef that is ground in the store every day
- All-round service Scratch bakery and tortilleria The offers a wide variety of artisanal breads baked fresh daily, fresh tortillas, a wide variety of decadent desserts, pastries and custom cakes
- A Cheese department That’s overflowing with more than 350 specialty, local and imported cheeses
- The Wine and beer selection offers more than 2,100 bottles of wine and 350 beers on hand. Guests can also be assisted by the wine manager on duty for a tasting and the perfect pairing
- Texas hospitality and competent service that is second to none – from more than 400 HEB partners
To learn more about the historical movements of HE-B, click here and here. For more industry news like this one, keep clicking Deli Market News.