How One Customized T-Shirt Printing Store Is Accommodating Houston Like No One Else – Story Studio – Chron.com

It is quite common for local businesses to serve their community and do it extremely well. However, Andy Luu, the owner and founder of Vivid Customs in northwest Houston knew that to become an industry expert, he had to go beyond what would be expected of even the best t-shirt printers.

“We care about pride,” says Andy. “If we personally discover the smallest mistake and the finished product is not perfect as a result – even if the customer sees no problems – we will not sell it.”

Vivid Customs offers custom prints and embroidery for a wide variety of items – mostly t-shirts and sweatshirts, but hats, scarves and caps are also common. Through impeccable customer service, including a full satisfaction guarantee, the team ensures that everything is done right.

From local to national

Andy would estimate that roughly 70% of their business is in the Houston area, with the remaining 30% coming from online ordering in the US

Unlike most similar companies on the internet, Vivid Customs has the unique advantage that customers can visit the shop for face-to-face interactions for complete clarity on what their orders will look like in the hand.

Everyone in the greater Houston area is encouraged to stop by and see numerous examples in their posh showroom.

Graphic design services at no extra charge

Vivid Customs also has an online studio on its website where customers can upload their own designs or choose from their library of clipart. The site also has dozens of templates that you can use to create garments in virtually any color imaginable.

When customers need help with a design, Vivid Customs has a talented staff ready to create the graphic design on their behalf. Amazingly, this additional service is free.

While the Vivid Customs team is legally unable to produce any copyrighted material, there are clever loopholes that allow them to continue handling requests. For example, if someone loves the Astros, they can print items in similar colors that read “Go Houston!” or related message that wouldn’t infringe any trademark.

Massive and tiny orders are treated equally

The mission at Vivid Customs has always been to create meaningful, bespoke clothing – of the highest quality – for members of the Houston community.

Massive customers like HEB and Memorial Hermann regularly rely on Vivid Customs for both screen printing and custom embroidery of uniforms and other promotional apparel.

As large as some customer orders are, Vivid does not require a minimum quantity. If you want, you can customize and order just one t-shirt.

Serve the Houstonians first

To be honest, there are clear similarities between Vivid Customs and the city of Houston.

“It’s a big city, but it’s still growing a lot,” says Andy. “It’s by no means limited.”

After originally starting a retail apparel store that Andy ran from 2009 to 2014, he soon found that most customers preferred to customize an item instead of just buying something generic. After that lightbulb came on, the t-shirt printing concept was prepared for launch.

“I’ve always had a passion for bespoke clothing,” says Andy of the reason he got into the business in the first place.

Vivid Customs officially opened the screen printing and embroidery company in 2015, starting with a small business and a total of 4 employees. Now, just a few years later, Vivid grew out of that storefront and moved into a larger room that currently employs 24 people.

That means it will last a lifetime

Believe it or not, Andy is sometimes asked if he loves what he does.

“Oh, 100%,” he will reply without hesitation.

Whether a single order is for a bachelorette party, kids sports team, or other special event, Andy and his staff understand that the clothing they make is of tremendous importance to every customer. In fact, many people will hold onto these clothes for a lifetime.

“Creating memories for people,” nods Andy. “It’s very rewarding. We feel good. “

When looking for the right keepsake to represent a specific time and place, you can’t ask for more care and attention from a local industry expert.

To learn more about Vivid Customs or to use the user-friendly design studio, visit https://www.vividcustoms.com.