Carmen Gallego is working on an order at her Direct Embroidery Store, 3601 E. 44. St. Gallego has been in business for two months after working elsewhere. “I used to work at least 65 hours a week, so I figured I might as well work for myself,” she says.
Photos by Mamta Popat / Arizona Daily Star
A new embroidery and screen printing business has opened in central Tucson.
Direct Embroidery has rented 1,203 square feet at 3601 E. 44th St. and is open for business.
Max Fisher and Rob Glaser signed the rental agreement with Picor on behalf of the owner and landlord Presson Corp. negotiated.
The owner Carmen Gallego, who had been open for about two months, decided to start her own business after working for an embroidery company for three years.
“I used to work at least 65 hours a week so I figured I might as well work for myself,” she said.
Aside from custom embroidery, the company offers vinyl and screen printing.
Anyone interested in how the business works is welcome, Gallego said.
“I love showing people what I’m doing,” she said. “No appointment is required.”
The opening times are Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Orders are placed with Direct Embroidery using a multi-head electronic embroidery machine.
Mamta Popat / Arizona Daily Star
Other current trading transactions are:
- CRE Strategic Investments LLC bought 25,000 square feet of land at 3662-3692 S. 16th Ave. from SAFCO Capital. for $ 2.4 million. Craig Finfrock of Commercial Retail Advisors LLC represented the seller.
- Flores Concepts, trading as CharroVida, has rented 3743 square meters in the Casas Adobes Plaza shopping center on the southwest corner of Oracle and Ina streets. Paul Schloss with NAI Horizon represented the tenant.
- Mamas Amore LLC has at 12130 N. Dove Mountain Blvd. Jayme Fabe with NAI Horizon represented the tenant.
- McCallister Co. rented 2,220 square feet at Plaza Palomino, 2920 N. Swan Road. Ben Craney, Andrew Sternberg and Phil Skillings with NAI Horizon represented both parties.
- Spencer Discount Sales LLC rented 3955 E. Speedway from the Central Point Business Plaza LP. Rob Tomlinson and Greg Furrier with Picor represented the landlord, and Jon O’Shea with Vast Commercial Real Estate represented the tenant.
- Santa Fe Leather Repair & Retail Inc. has rented 1,184 square feet at the Rancho Vistoso Shopping Center, 12925 N. Oracle Road. Dave Dutson and Ben Craney with NAI Horizon represented the landlord.
- Subway Real Estate Corp. LLC leased 4768 E. Sunrise Drive from Sunrise Village Investors LLC. Dave Hammack represented the landlord in the transaction with Picor.
Information for Tucson Real Estate is compiled from records in the Pima County Recorder’s Office and from real estate agents. Send information to Gabriela Rico, email@example.com
On Facebook: Facebook.com/DailyStarBiz
With a weekly newsletter that looks back on local history.