Get great content like this straight to your inbox.
CALGARY, Canada – Parkland Corp. licensed to use the On the Run trademark only in most states.
With the license, the company plans to expand the On the Run brand across the country to create a unified North American convenience store brand.
“We are excited to grow the On the Run convenience store brand in the US and take advantage of our scale,” said Ian White, senior vice president of strategic marketing and innovation for Parkland. “As we continue our ambitious growth strategy, it is time to create a unified North American retail and convenience store brand. On the Run is an established retail brand that we can quickly and efficiently scale by adding our own Leverage established skills in the Canadian market. “
As a result of the acquisition, Parkland plans to:
- Expand On the Run in the US to create a unified North American convenience brand.
- Measure efficiency through shared brand security, product ranges, private label product lines, and operational continuity.
- Renaming of the existing US C-Stores and efficient integration of the convenience brand On the Run into newly developed websites;
- Take advantage of greater options and a strong C-store foundation for future merger and acquisition activities in the US. and
- Support the organic growth of the dealer business by offering an expanded, bundled offering that combines a leading C-store brand with multiple fuel brands in the forecourt.
“On the Run retail brand provides a solid platform for our continued growth in the US,” added Doug Haugh, President of Parkland USA. “Building on our existing On the Run brand image, product lines and private label merchandise in Canada, we look forward to meeting the convenience needs of our US customers under the On the Run banner. Our US customers will enjoy enhanced rebranding elements for indoors and outdoors. bigger and lighter canopies and a host of new product offerings, all supported by the same friendly, local service teams. “
The acquisition includes the perpetual license for the exclusive use of the On the Run brand in most US states for a one-time fee. The deal also includes an option to purchase the On the Run US brand along with the licensee’s On the Run franchise business.
Based in Canada, Parkland is an independent fuel and petroleum products marketer and premier convenience store operator serving customers in Canada, the United States, the Caribbean and the Americas through three channels: retail, trade and wholesale.