Dublin, January 05, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The report “Digital Printing Market – Growth, Trends, Forecasts (2020-2025)” has been added ResearchAndMarkets.com Offer.
The digital printing market is rated with a CAGR of 6.45% in the forecast period 2020 to 2025. Digital printing is one of the fastest developing segments of the sign industry. Its growth is shown in the incredible size of what can now be produced. Regardless of the message or product, size has become a major trend in advertising.
Significant improvements in just-in-time print manufacturing efficiency and an increased focus on supply chain management, such as superior demand forecasting, have resulted in less waste across the print market. Technological developments for digital printing have ensured the minimization of waste and kept the print quality at the same level.
Advanced digital printing uses mild solvents and fewer harmful chemicals than traditional printing technologies such as offset and solid ink printing. Therefore, with the increasing focus on green printing and low cost production, the demand for digital printing solutions in the printed electronics market is growing.
Major market trends
Commercial printing is expected to see significant growth
- Thanks to technological developments, digital printing has been able to be quick and inexpensive while delivering high quality results. Another reason for the increased interest in digital printing is that a commercial printer can offer on-demand printing. Laser printers are inexpensive and, unlike inkjet printers, have high output speeds.
- As part of this segment, advertising, commercial printing, transactional printing and security printing are all within the scope of this study. Commercial printing has been popular since the invention of the printing press. The technological spread and increasing applications are likely to increase demand worldwide.
- Incorporating bespoke marketing messages into advertising and marketing strategies is one of the drivers in the commercial printing industry. This is creating a significant demand for personalized print content that commercial print companies serve with digital printing technologies.
- These technologies include variable data printing (VDP), which allows images, text, and graphics to be customized on any printed portion of their content. The constant importance of the short-term self-publishing industry leads to a high demand for digital printing due to its advantageous aspects such as order flexibility, optimized warehouse processing and minimization of the time-to-market for printed content. This would also contribute to the growth of the commercial printing industry.
- The growing advertising needs of companies around the world, as well as the extensive technological diffusion, are currently the key factors for the market growth. Companies are increasingly using digital printers because they are cheaper and more efficient for mass printing.
APAC shows the qualities of being the fastest growing market
- The Chinese printing industry shows a high level of enthusiasm and interest in new, data-based business models, digital platform solutions and end-to-end digitized value chains. The proliferation of digital printing has enabled local designers to access over 12,000 folding box designs online, making packaging design a pioneering roll-out.
- The current trends and demand for digital printing in China were fueled by the 2016 government edition of the “Network Security Law of the People’s Republic of China”. The same required that large companies should use 80% of domestically manufactured products by 2020. Due to the need for digital information and a security strategy, most companies and institutions in China began to replace their traditional devices with local products instead of global brands. This also affected a large chunk of the print service providers who showed up in facilitating the vision.
- In such fierce competition, those involved in the digital printing industry are involved in strengthening their competitiveness, for example by investing in new production facilities, innovating products, intensifying research and development and exploring overseas markets.
- In September 2020, Arrow Digital Pvt Ltd, a company involved in the distribution of a wide variety of materials and equipment for digital printing, had installed the EFI Pro 32r + at VGA Digital Printers in Pune, India. The company expects the new installation will strengthen its current production capacity through increased speed and lower printing costs per square foot. In addition, the company’s ability to print on a variety of substrates and with ink proves economical.
- The Japanese digital printing market is being driven by a number of factors, such as the increasing adoption of e-commerce, consumer electronics, and packaged and processed food. In addition, factors such as the increase in demand for various application areas have driven the market growth in the country.
- For example, in the book printing industry, new publications are expected to drive market growth over the forecast period. For example, Taschen’s Japanese woodblock print is a new 600-page book released in December 2019. The book has seen growing interest as the book is designed to trace the exquisite history of Japanese woodblock printing.
The digital printing market is moderately competitive and consists of several key players. In terms of market share, some of the key players are currently dominating the market. The companies operating in the market use strategic cooperation initiatives to offer specialized products, increase their market share and increase their profitability. The companies operating in the market are also engaged in start-up mergers and acquisitions that will help improve the digital printing equipment market portfolio and strengthen their product capabilities.
- September 2019 – Southland Printing Company Inc. acquires the business assets of Digital Printing Systems Inc., a provider of printed parking and transit products. This suggests that market participants are trying to expand their expertise in digital printing through an expanded range of products.
- May 2019 – Westrock Company expands its body, beauty and nutraceutical support capabilities with the acquisition of UBS Printing Group. This acquisition is likely to add to the company’s west coast presence and is expected to become part of WestRock’s Multi Packaging Solutions business.
Main topics covered:
1.1 Study assumptions and market definition
1.2 Scope of the study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market overview
4.2 Market drivers
4.2.1 Growth of the packaging and textile industry and increasing demand for digital advertising
4.2.2 Reducing unit printing costs with digital printers
4.3 Market Restrictions
4.3.1 Investments in R&D activities and additional investments
4.4 Analysis of the industry’s value chain
4.5 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining power of suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining power of buyers / consumers
4.5.3 New Participant Threat
4.5.4 Threat from Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of competitive rivalry
4.6 Technology snapshot
4.7 Effects of Covid-19 on the market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Printing process
5.2.2 Commercial printing
5.3.2 Corrugated cardboard packaging
5.3.3 Cardboard boxes
5.3.4 Flexible packaging
5.3.5 Rigid plastic packaging
5.3.6 Metal packaging
5.4.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company profiles
6.1.1 Schlumpfit Kappa
6.1.2 Westrock Company
6.1.3 Southland Printing Company Inc.
6.1.4 IronMark Inc.
6.1.5 Xeikon NV
6.1.6 ARC Document Solutions LLC
6.1.7 Avery Dennison Corporation
6.1.8 Multi Color Corporation
6.1.9 Amcor PLC
6.1.10 Sato America
6.1.11 DS Smith PLC
6.1.12 Mondi PLC
6.1.13 CPI Corporate
6.1.14 Core Publishing Solutions
6.1.15 The command group (limited companies)
6.1.16 Quad / graphic
7 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Please visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/qdtsff for more information on this report
Research and Markets also offers custom research services that provide focused, comprehensive, and tailored research.
CONTACT: ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For EST office hours, call 1-917-300-0470. For toll-free US / CAN calls, call 1-800-526-8630. 1-416-8900